important dates for 2021-2022 academic year scholarship awards
- september 1, 2020: scholarship application opens for 2021-2022
- october 1, 2020: fafsa opens for 2021-2022
- december 1, 2020 (4:30 p.m.): general scholarship application deadline for 2021-2022 presidential fellowship consideration
- february 1, 2021 (4:30 p.m.): general scholarship application deadline for 2021-2022
- tbd: presidential fellowship competition (invitation required)
- mid-march: Awards Letters Sent Via Mail & Email
- may 1, 2021: national scholarship acceptance deadline
- june 1, 2021 (4:30 p.m.): Non-Traditional Student & graduate Student-Specific scholarships Deadline
all undergraduate students must file and complete the free application for federal student aid (fafsa) in order to receive any university scholarships and/or discounts.
murray state university offers two categories of scholarships
- academic achievement scholarships
- only for incoming freshmen.
- awarded at time of admission.
- view the specific academic achievement scholarships here.
- competitive scholarships
- requires students to complete the murray state general scholarship application.
- awarded after application deadline.
- students must apply every year via mygate, on the financial aid section.
- competitive scholarships are not awarded until after the application deadline.
- take your time to submit a thorough, complete application.
- not following directions or not completing all requirements of the application process may result in elimination from the selection process.